The 826michigan Detroit Robot Factory ribbon cutting was held on October 5, 2016 complete with flowers and snacks, hard hats for the little ones, joyous sounds from the Detroit Party Marching Band, and even a giant metal bear on wheels. Detroit student author Cassidy Vega did the honors of cutting a giant red ribbon with 826 co-founder Dave Eggers looking on, and the party continued inside our new tutoring and writing lab upstairs.
- The Dresner Foundation provided New Detroit a grant totaling $75,000 for Camp Enterprise its summer business camp for high school students.
- The Dresner Foundation awarded Winning Futures a grant totaling $75,000 to implement and expand their Life Skills & Job Readiness Mentoring and Keys to College programs during the 2015 -2016 school year.
- The Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program is the recipient of a grant that will ensure students have safe transportation to the gym.
- With the Friendship Circle’s youth program grant, the Soul Studio will be able to provide a sanctuary for budding artists that have special needs.
- Jewish Family Service of Colorado received a grant to assist with their summer free lunch program, Lunchbox Express, for underserved children.