When to Submit an Application
After reviewing our program areas and application guidelines, please contact us to determine a potential fit before submitting a Letter of Inquiry. Please note that currently the Foundation is not considering requests for the acquisition, construction and/or renovation of facilities.
A Letter of Inquiry can be submitted at any time. We will typically notify you within four to six weeks if we are able to invite a Full Proposal. Grants are generally approved at the foundation board meetings in March, June, September, and December.
However, for more information about the Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) Research Fund please visit the MDS Research Fund page.
Who May Apply:
- Organizations who file under the U.S.501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Those Who Apply Must:
- Have a current financial audit or review conducted by an independent certified public accountant.
- Have support for the request from the organization’s President and/or CEO.
- In policy and practice not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We Offer 3 Types of Support:
- Project – Development of new programs, expansion of existing programs, or continuation of sustainable, recognized effective current programming.
- Capital – Equipment purchase, acquisition, construction and/or renovation of facilities.
- Funding for special circumstances, in support of existing grantee programs, will be considered on a case by case basis. Please note the foundation will not accept unsolicited proposals for this type of support.
Programs We Do Not Support:
Support is generally not provided directly to individuals or units of government, for religious activities (faith-based organizations may be eligible if they welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious belief), fundraising events, conferences or symposiums, debt/deficit relief or previously incurred obligations, or programs operated to benefit for-profit organizations.